Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bricks are finished!

I am happy to say that we finished all the masonry on Sunday afternoon. No more concrete! As Russ was laying the last brick he reminded me that this 3 week DIYer saved us a whopping $2,300! Makes all that mixing and heavy lifting worth it when you think of it that way... I swear my left arm is bigger than my right from all the shoveling I was doing! Our original goal was to finish by last Tuesday night. A few rain days/nights got us behind so Sunday was good for us. We were told that it would take at least a month, so less than 3 weeks was VERY good.

Russ and his dad worked yesterday and tonight on the rim boards. Yes, we actually have boards on the house! This is so exciting! By the weekend we should have the subfloor on and ready for walls. It will go pretty fast for the next few weeks so hold on to your hats!

I would like to thank my mom for letting us take a vaca at her house while she was vacationing in Michigan. Though we love living with the Hilton family and being so close to the job site, it was nice to have some quiet time for a little while. We've been so busy working on the house and hanging out with the family that we haven't taken much time to just be "us." Thanks Ma for letting us crash at your pad! I've always wanted to say "crash at your pad." HeHe!

It is back to crashing with the Hiltons as of tomorrow. We are excited about being back with the family and able to hang out with TJ again. We've missed the little guy! Thanks Hilton family for allowing us to live with you while we are working on our house. What would we do without y'all?!

1 comment:

Carolina Girl said...

Awesome! This is so exciting!