Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Trusses up!

I left on Saturday morning to go spend time with my good friends Ni-cole and Anna at the Taste of Charleston. We had a fab time! Thanks ladies for getting me away for the weekend. I'm always in need of some girl time! When I left on Saturday, the house only had 7 trusses up. When I came home on Sunday night, the roof was up! It looks great! Thanks so much to Trent, Mr. David, Russ, Mr. Glen, and Brad for helping with all those heavy trusses!

Though the house consumes much of our time, we've had a few nights of downtime lately. We are thankful for the break! My night in Charleston with the girls is just what the doctor ordered! Russ had band practice last Thursday night, a gig on Friday night, and boys night out with Trent after Saturday's workday. Last night Russ and I went to Charleston to celebrate our 3 year anniversary. We ate at Basil (YUMMY!) and then hung out at Rue de Jean for a while. We had a great time out on the town! WOW! I can't believe its been 3 years since I married my bestest bud! Thanks, Russ, for 3 years worth of super great times! We are ready to get back to work on the house after all these breaks!

The rain seems to NOT want to stop around here! It is amazing... We worked all summer to keep the lumber dry and it didn't rain a drop. Now that the house is all framed up and NOT supposed to get wet, we've had weeks of rain! I tell ya, sometimes God's sense of humor doesn't gel with mine! But, I have to be thankful. This is the best year for many of the farmers in the area in a long time. We are certainly happy about that! For us, we will just continue to work in the rain and hope the lumber and OSB holds up long enough to get the shingles on next week!

Here are some pictures of what the house looks like right now...




1 comment:

Carolina Girl said...

Wow! Looks great. Okay, I think every one of my comments on your blog starts with "wow"! I'll try to be more creative.

Happy Anniversary too! Was it really 3 years ago? Great wedding!!