Monday, September 21, 2009

Working on the interior walls.

We started working on the interior walls last night! We have the bottom plates down for each room, closet, etc. I wish I could get a picture from above to show everyone but I can't get high enough... Basically it looks just like the house plan! The bottom plates (2x4s) serve as an outline for where all the walls will go. You can actually "walk" into a room via a doorway! Or, at least you can tell where the doorways will be because of the bottom plates. I'm a little worried about the size of the 2nd bedroom but I think it will be okay. The laundry room is HUGE! I'm going to be able to throw a party in there! Super excited about the storage space that the laundry/mud room will provide!

Thanks to SuSu and Mr. David for the help yesterday. SuSu was quite a trooper through the rain, humidity, and darkness of the evening! I often forget to say something about our biggest little helper, TJ. He is the ULTIMATE trooper for not complaining, keeping himself busy, staying out of the way, etc. He often goes without a good meal all day or has to put up with the blazing heat of the Lowcountry. We feel so blessed to have such a wonderful nephew! Thanks "T" for being so special and understanding!

3 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

Mom said it's coming right along over there! Aren't you so excited now that you can walk into the rooms. I think you will love the large utility room. Very exciting!

Carolina Girl said...

Where are the tunes?? :)

Sweet Lowcountry said...

Thanks S! I need to work on a new set of tunes. I was tired of the old ones!