Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Always room for improvement.

Ever since we started building the interior walls I've been second guessing where EVERYTHING is going! It is a good and bad thing that we are doing this by ourselves... The good thing is that I can change something while in the middle of building it. The bad thing is that I can change something while in the middle of building it! I'm so happy that I have a errr "patient" husband! Maybe not so patient, just tolerable of my wishy-washyness. For now I'm happy with the second bedroom - we haven't changed the size of it yet! But, I continue to try to rearrange our bathroom to get more space. Everytime I try to change where the sinks go or the toilet, I always go back to the original plan. I guess it is best to go with what you had in the first place!

We are so excited to work on the house right now. It is so gratifying to see all the rooms in place. We should be finished with the interior walls, all the top plates and the framing of the front and back porches this weekend. We are leaving on Sunday to go to the annual Solicitor's conference in Hilton Head. I am excited about the break but also hate to leave our work. I'm sure it will still be here when we return! We will be back on Wednesday to work on roof trusses!

I want to take a picture of the interior walls. We've borrowed this super cool lift from a friend that can lift me about 50 feet in the air. I will try to snap a picture from above tomorrow!

No comments: