Monday, October 5, 2009

Rain, rain go away.

So can't the rain come another day? It hasn't rained in weeks around here and all of a sudden it is nasty, cold and wet weather. I know we need it, and I thank God for sending us the rain, but is it selfish to wish that it would have come in a couple of weeks? Probably! I would much rather work inside, with a roof over my head, than outside in the wetness...

Over the weekend we worked on putting up the OSB on the outside of the house, finishing some things on the garage so we can get final inspection, and framing up the back porch. We also took a couple of hours to really do a good clean-up around there! It was getting to the point that we couldn't walk around without tripping over something. So we started the MASSIVE fire pile out front and just kept adding to it. When we decided to start the fire on Saturday afternoon, it was nice and NON-windy... Well, of course, in minutes the wind picked up and we were fighting to keep the fire from spreading to the sawdust pile and then to the house. It was a little rocky for a few, but we were able to control it. I'm just glad Russ didn't file for divorce when I was screaming at him. The fire getting out of control certainly wasn't his fault, I was just a little stressed! Thanks "Crust" for loving me even when I'm going nuts!

I had some dear old friends come to visit right in the middle of the whole thing... Thanks so much to SH and KG for coming out to see me! I'm sorry I was a little out of sorts! I didn't want my hard work to burn to the ground! I would love to have y'all back out there. We could sit and chat in the shade about old times!

This morning our trusses were delivered. We are planning to start putting them up this week. We will have a roof before long!

2 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

I would have been super stressed too if a fire threatened to burn down ALL of that hard work. You're allowed to freak out like that...as long as someone else is keeping the fire under control! ha!

Thanks for rescuing our BeBe after her bike accident!! Silly BeBe...tricks are for kids.

Sweet Lowcountry said...

Oh S! I felt so bad for BeBe! I think she needs to try that trick with training wheels first!